Stained or yellow teeth can be the result of a variety of factors. Poor oral hygiene is a common cause of yellowing, as is tobacco use. Acidic foods and drinks, such as soda and coffee, can stain teeth. Certain prescription medications can stain teeth as well. Teeth whitening is an easy solution to resolve this problem.
What Are the Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments?
There are three types of teeth whitening procedures. Our dentist can decide which type of whitening treatment will work best for you.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Our dentist applies a bleaching gel to your teeth and then uses a special light to accelerate the whitening process. The gel and light work together to break up stains, remove surface discoloration, and lighten deep-set stains. This whitening solution can lighten teeth by up to eight shades.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
At-home teeth whitening is done using trays. These trays are custom-made to fit your teeth and are worn for a prescribed number of hours each day. They will fit your bite and mouth shape perfectly. Custom trays are made in a lab using high-quality materials and are comfortable to wear, so you don’t have to worry about any irritation.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening uses a laser to whiten your teeth. During treatment, the laser will whiten your teeth up to 10 shades in a short time.
The laser produces a narrow beam of high-intensity light. The wavelength and energy output of the laser light reduces the ability of certain compounds to stain teeth, helping to whiten teeth. Laser teeth whitening is safe and effective on teeth with dental restorations.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- The shade of your teeth can change your appearance, so teeth whitening can be a great way to enhance your smile!
- Teeth whitening can lighten stains caused by foods, drinks, medications, and age.
- Many people choose to have their teeth whitened to improve their smile or look younger.
- Teeth whitening offers a simple way to improve your smile and boost your confidence.
- When you whiten your teeth, you’re removing stains on the surface of the tooth. This makes it easier for you to clean your teeth and for stains to be removed when you do clean them.
If you’re self-conscious about the color of your teeth, you may want to consider teeth whitening.
To learn more about our dental services or to schedule a consultation with our dentist at our practice located at 2711 S Parker Rd., Aurora, CO 80014, you can either contact us via email or call H&M Family Dentistry at (303) 353-9611. We will be happy to assist you further.