Invisalign is a popular method of straightening your teeth without braces. The system uses a series of clear, removable aligners to move your teeth into their desired position gradually. Invisalign aligners are custom-crafted to fit your teeth, and they are virtually invisible when worn.
Invisalign is more convenient and comfortable to use than traditional braces. The aligners are removable, so patients can eat and drink comfortably. They are also smooth and don’t irritate the gums. Patients don’t have to change their oral hygiene routine while undergoing treatment.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Invisalign is a good option for adults and teens with minor to moderate orthodontic issues. When you visit us, our dentist in Aurora, CO will thoroughly examine your misalignment issue and recommend the treatment that best suits you.
What Is Involved in the Invisalign Treatment Process?
The Invisalign treatment process begins with an appointment for impressions. These impressions will then be used to create a series of custom-made aligners. Each aligner you will wear for two weeks and then you will switch to the next aligner in the series. Treatment with Invisalign usually takes about a year, but the exact length of treatment will vary from case to case.
What Is Required For Invisalign Aftercare?
It’s normal to feel some tenderness or soreness after a procedure. This is especially true in the first few days following treatment. Follow the instructions provided by the dentist carefully. Here are the common suggestions you get:
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This makes it easy to take them off to brush and floss your teeth normally.
- Invisalign aligners should be cleaned every time you remove them from your mouth.
- Your dentist will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress. These appointments are as important as your regular ones.
- Avoid eating and drinking anything but water while wearing the aligners.
- The aligners also need to be worn for a minimum of 22 hours every day. Failure to wear your aligners as directed can prolong treatment time.
- Avoid hard foods, sticky foods, hot beverages, or alcohol for a while.
To learn more about our dental services or to schedule a consultation with our dentist at our practice located at 2711 S Parker Rd., Aurora, CO 80014, you can either contact us via email or call H&M Family Dentistry at (303) 353-9611. We will be happy to assist you further.